Kayak Guides - All Levels - Accepting Applications All Year
Certified Kayak Guides Required (April 1 to October 1*)
Join our team at Majestic Ocean Kayaking. We paddle to many different areas on the West Coast. You will have an opportunity to train or be trained, network and develop your skills with other guides. We are a busy, fast paced company offering an excellent product to our customers and an excellent lifestyle to our employees.
You would be responsible for assisting and/or leading a variety of kayak tours, and multi day trips in Barkley Sound, the Broken Group Islands, Ucluelet and Clayoquot Sound, Tofino. We offer half-day trips, day trips and multi-day trips in a variety of diverse environments. Join our team and thrive on challenging work both physically and mentally.
Positions are Full time seasonal May – October*.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants need to be a certified Assistant Overnight, Level 1, 2 or 3 kayak guide.
Minimum requirement for guides:
1. Guide certification from the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC (or equivalent)
2. Food Safe Level 1 (can be obtained after hiring)
3. Class 4 drivers licence (can be obtained after hiring)
4. Enthusiasm, motivation and skill for kayaking, natural history interpretation, safety and outdoor leadership, ability to inspire others
5. Athletic, presentable and able to work hard
6. You will need to be legally able to work in Canada prior to being hired
We offer kayak tours in many areas on the west coast. Some of the areas demand higher levels of certification. Check with us about the positions that we have available to be sure that they are a match for your skill set.
Subsidized staff accommodation is available, we offer many employee benefits, above average wages and staff training. You will have the opportunity to work with other guides with varying levels of certification and years of experience to help you grow as a guide. As you learn you will be able to take on more responsibility and share your skills, becoming a mentor for others.
Applicants please do not forget to provide a cover letter and three references when attaching your resume below. We will get back to you to discuss the suitability of a position for you.
* There is flexibility on these dates for work; but our season is typically around April/May to October
Class 4 Passenger Van Driver
We are searching for experienced drivers to work with our guests and guides this summer!
Majestic Ocean Kayaking is an exciting, fast-paced environment where we offer amazing day trips and multi-day kayak tours in and around Ucluelet and Tofino.
- Picking up and dropping off customers and guides from our various tour locations
- Helping the guides and guests with loading and unloading as required
- Vehicle upkeep and light maintenance as needed
- Providing excellent customer service and creating a fun environment for our customers
- Ensure a safe and quality passenger experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 Unrestricted with a clean driver’s abstract
- Driving experience (at least 3 years)
- Comfortable driving passenger van and trailer
- Ability to work flexible hours throughout the summer season (June-September)
- Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or visitors with a legal work permit will be considered
Hours & Wages:
- 20-30 hours per week
- $20 per hour
- Mon-Friday; weekends and on-call availability as needed
Job Summary: This position is interesting because it involves working with the kayaking office, the kitchen and the kayak guides. Co-ordinating the food for the tours. Many different skills are required; excellent communication, computer and office abilities, food service knowledge and experience, and interested in customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Serving food, coffee and muffins as sold on our website
- Packaging food for kayak trips, so that it transports well
- Ordering lunches for kayaking day trips
- Following trip schedules, preparing menus and packing lists
- Ordering and (some) shopping for food and supplies
- Keeping your work area clean
- Projecting a professional image for Majestic Ocean Kayaking
- Keeping business information confidential
- Ensuring safety in the workplace
- Filling out time sheets daily
- Taking care with equipment and reporting any problems
- Ensuring company policies are followed
- Consult and report directly to the owner on any job-related concerns
- Prepare your work schedule, referencing the dates that food is required
We have a tried and true set menu plan. (With some flexibility for allergies.)
The applicant would be responsible for having food ready by a set time and monitoring the quality of the product.
Must have some food service/kitchen experience. We require someone who can follow directions but also work on their own and take charge of a kitchen and keep it clean.
Applicant needs a Driver’s Licence and FoodSafe certificate.
The position is seasonal from April 1 – September 30
5 days a week with 2 days off, 8 – 10 hours per day at the peak of the season. In May, the hours would be less and gradually increasing closer to the busy season which is July 1-Sept 15.
Clean and comfortable staff accommodation is available if required.
Majestic Ocean Kayaking offers excellent salaries and benefits to employees. Position starts at $20.00 per hour. There is an opportunity to earn more if the duties are satisfactorily met in a timely manner and if the quality is consistently high.
If you are interested in working with us please complete the form at the bottom of this page. We will reply to you by email.
* Applicants please provide a cover letter and three references when attaching your resume below.
Reservations Clerk Position
Be a Part of Our Team.
A dynamic person is required to communicate with customers and kayak guides to organize the kayak tour departures. Its a busy fast pace and its fun! We insist that you participate in the tours as well! Your job working in the office at Majestic Ocean Kayaking will involve selling kayaking tours, taking reservations, maintaining calendars, offering friendly and confident customer service at the desk, over the phone and by emails. We would like to meet or exceed every guests’ expectations!
Duties and Responsibilities.
Preparing for tour departures, giving information to guests, working with the team, and providing them information using the calendars. Help wherever needed, applicants need to be physically capable for assisting with kayaking departures and carrying kayaks.
The position requires knowledge and experience with computer programs, Microsoft, excel, word, outlook. Successful applicants would have post-secondary education in outdoor recreation or business office training. We are looking for people that are interested in the outdoor lifestyle, learning about the local area, the culture and environment.
The position is demanding, applicants would be working in a fast-paced seasonal tourism business that has many job satisfaction rewards and benefits as well as accommodation. We have many happy guests and great guest reviews.
Applicants, please provide a cover letter and three references when attaching your resume below.