Tracy & Ted Efftink – Owners Majestic Ocean Kayaking
Majestic Ocean Kayaking Covid19, message to our kayaking guests and visitors.
Updated: May 20, 2021
“I can think of no better way to physically distance than to be in small groups, outside on the ocean, in a kayak”.
IMPORTANT At Majestic Ocean Kayaking our team of professional certified guides are looking forward to your visit. We are committed to providing you with the reassurance, that every measure is being taken to address the Covid19 precautions, and to offer you a wonderful kayaking experience.
We are taking steps to adjust our operations to match the recommendations by our BC Health Authority, Work Safe BC, and the Tourism Industry Association of BC. We are very thankful for their assistance; the Covid19 business operating plan that we have prepared for our visitors has been thoughtfully implemented, and your health as well as our community health, is our highest priority.
Our clients will feel at ease with the confidence that the Covid concerns are being addressed.
• For ease of physical distancing on our multi day tours we will have a maximum of 5 guests and 1 guide. If you have a group that is your family/friends in your bubble we can take a maximum of 10 guests and 2 guides on a trip. If you are coming as a single or a couple, you can feel comfortable that smaller group sizes will be available to you.
IMPORTANT: Please note if restrictions continue to ease, we will begin accommodating our regular size groups of 10 guests + 2 guides on our multi-day trips, as well as our day trips starting July 15th, 2021. We will continue to follow our high standard of safety protocols during these trips.
• The staff at Majestic Ocean Kayaking will be equipped with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and will have PPE for guests.
• To maintain a safe and clean environment, we take the daily cleaning and disinfecting of our operation seriously. The following areas and equipment are cleaned on a regular basis; welcome area, washrooms, vehicles, kayaks, and equipment (life jackets/pfd’s, spray skirts, paddle jackets, neoprene booties and gloves).
• Signs are in place to remind everyone of proper physical distancing measures as well as procedures for hand washing and preventing the spread of Covid19.
• During the launching of kayak tours and when physical distancing is not possible for safety reasons, PPE will be provided to the guests and staff to wear for the safety of everyone.
• Lunches on the day trips will no longer be provided in a buffet style, instead we will provide guests with a custom made (in our own kitchen) lunch with a variety of delicious and fresh options to choose from.
For an undetermined period of time, we will continue to share the Covid19 operation standards with our staff. This will ensure that we maintain a high standard of cleanliness and are conscientious of every person that arrives. From guests on camping tours to day trips, we will be encouraging everyone to wash their hands, wear PPE and maintain physical distance.
To reserve, please visit our website at www.oceankayaking.com to book online, pay online and complete our online waiver and Covid19 questionnaire. If you have any questions or suggestions, we would be very receptive to hearing from you anytime. Please contact us at 1-800-889-7644 or [email protected]
All the best,
Tracy & Ted, and the entire team at Majestic Ocean Kayaking.
Fully Inspected & Approved Plan
Giving Back to Our Community
Your Kayak Trip of a Lifetime Awaits
Kayaking Ucluelet, Tofino, the Broken Group Islands and Clayoquot Sound on Vancouver Island, BC is truly majestic!